A maths teaching programme that manages to get maximum performance both out of students – as it shows that all students can succeed and master the concepts – and their teachers as instructors of the subject. The programme, developed for the six years of primary school and first two years of ESO (lower secondary), is based on participatory dynamics, continuous assessment and the division of lessons into small units easily understood by all students in the class.
- Used by 140,000 students from 1st to 2nd primary school in Canada and United States.
- 93% of students improve their academic performance by 50%.
- Several external evaluations confirms the performance improvements.
- JUMP Math gets that students enjoy learning math, improving self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Proven effectiveness in children with behaviour disorder and autism.
During the 2013-2014 academic year, the programme was tested in 9 state schools in Barcelona and, in just one year, the results obtained started to replicate those of the original model. The Barcelona Education Consortium in coordinating the teacher training, support and evaluation.
During the 2014-2015 school year, the Fundació Collserola collaborated by translating the materials into Catalan for the 1st, 3rd and 5th primary school grades and started to implement the programme.
In 2014, the Barcelona Education Consortium and the Fundació Collserola received the recognition 'Impulsors de la innovació social' dby Barcelona City Council.
With the support of Fundación Telefónica, during the course 2014-2015 more than 4,000 students follow this programme in 95 schools in 5 autonomous regions: Catalonia, Castilla-La Mancha, Madrid, Murcia and Galicia.
At UpSocial we are leading the implementation of JUMP Math in Spain.